Call to schedule a consultation (828) 255-2728

Protecting Your Children


Just having a Will or Trust DOES NOT guarantee the care of your children should something unthinkable happen to you.

Unfortunately, accidents or health issues can happen at any time. We truly do not have control over when something could happen to us and if you are a parent with minor children, the best step you can take is to ensure control over who will be with your child immediately and long-term should something happen to you.

Group of young kidsWithout a proper Child Safety Plan in place, here are some of the problems that can occur:

  • Child Protective Services could be the ones taking care of your children — Even if this is temporary, proper planning can avoid your child being in the hands of strangers.
  • A judge will decide who will raise your kids — Your family could get into a long, drawn out custody fight or there could be a challenge to the guardians you have designated. This means a judge who does not know you, or your family, would decide who will raise your kids.
  • Your children could be put into the custody and care of someone you would never want — Like that one family member who has good intentions, but you’d never want raising your kids.
  • Your children could be left vulnerable — When your child turn 18, they get a check for whatever assets you left them without restrictions, guidelines, or guidance.

Take The First Step To Protect Your Minor Children

Give yourself the peace of mind that your family will be protected in the event of a tragedy. Not only will a Child Safety Plan provide you and your children with both a short-term and long-term solution for their care, but it will also provide your babysitters, caregivers, emergency personnel, and loved ones guidance on what to do in an emergency situation if you're not there.

Through our Legacy Planning Session, we will help you make these decisions and incorporate your Child Safety Plan into your estate plan.

Schedule Your Session


As soon as your child turns 18, the child is considered an adult in legal terms. This means that without legal documents in place, the family members may not be able to make important health care, legal and financial decisions for this young adult. An example would be not being able to discuss your child’s healthcare decisions with the medical providers because a proper agent agreement was not in place.

We offer a College Package for young adults to get all of the legal documents in order to protect your young adult before they leave the nest. Leaving for college, a gap year, or simply moving away from home can be an emotional time for everyone. By getting your child’s College Package in place, you can rest assured that should a problem arise, you will be able to help your child without any legal barriers in your way.

Contact us today to learn more about your College Package options.

Contact us

Stay in touch

Please sign up to receive news and updates from our firm.

"This is the most competent attorney I have ever met in my life. I am 62 years old so I have a lot under my belt. I must say if you ever need an attorney this is the one to hire. This was the most painless Swift experience I have ever had with an attorney. Amita Peltz you are absolutely amazing!" - Katie F ,

Error Message